This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Call the cops on facebook account stolen?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Call the cops on facebook account stolen?
So yeah, my facebook account was hacked and stolen, now I can't get back in, and I am thinking of calling the police. That person lives in mexico and I live in california. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

The police can't help you. Contact Facebook's corporate office.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

The Police couldn't care less. It's a civil matter.
I suggest you open a new account.
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM

First off, the cops will not do anything because nothing was stolen. In order for something to be stolen there must be something to be stolen. A Facebook account is not a tangible item. You can't put it into a bag or a box or hold it in your hand. It was not stolen. A bike or a car can be stolen.

Other computer offences may apply but in any event the police are not going to care. Ever see that episode of the Big Bang Theory where someone hacked Sheldon's game account and made off with his game "gold" and Glenn...his "battle ostrich" that had been with him since level 7? The cop just about laughed in his face as he left the apartment and the real cops would be the same with this account.

Go through the process of recovering your Facebook account password and carry on. If you didn't set it up properly in the first place such that you can't recover the account....sucks to be you. Set up your next new account properly now that you have learned your lesson.
02-19-2014, 01:07 PM

How many times are you going to ask the same question? If you&#x27;re that forgetful and disorganized, you probably didn&#x27;t get hacked. You just forgot your account information or password or something.
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Yes take their assesbto court then
02-19-2014, 01:13 PM

Since they live in Mexico and you Live in the USA your going to need to get in contact with the CIA on that one, maybe homeland security.
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

call the police
they would love to handle a case like this
but the problem you have the law stops at the border
02-19-2014, 01:22 PM

bro police cant help you for sure . if you want to get that id back contact with facebook authority .