This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If the father is not in the picture can you still put the baby up for adoption?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
If the father is not in the picture can you still put the baby up for adoption?
I understand that when giving up the baby you need permission from both parents. But what about under special circumstances where the father is no where in the picture and you can't contact him? Could you still go about adoption then? Or what would you have to do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

Most places will then require a good faith effort to find him, placing ads in newspapers/online, using his last known address or family members, even using Google/Facebook. If he doesn't reply within a certain amount of time, most areas will then automatically terminate his rights.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

The adoption agency located the father for me and he reluctantly signed away his rights. I believe that if the father has not been located after a good effort and does not show up for court on the date of the termination of rights that his rights will be automatically terminated. I used special beginnings adoption agency. They were very patient and not pushy. They discussed every option including parenting with me. They also offered counseling for me. It was a good experience. My adoption is open and we see each other frequently. However, you can choose closed if that is easier. I am going to see my son on Sunday to celebrate his 12th birthday.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Special-B...9724624194