This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What measures can I take in Texas if I am having several difficulties with my coworkers and management?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
What measures can I take in Texas if I am having several difficulties with my coworkers and management?
These problems escalated when I was offered a raise and moved up to be "the boss" in the morning.

I am being bullied at work by another teacher, "Sally." Sally has the AD (assistant director) under her control, so when Sally and I got into a disagreement because she wanted me to have 27 kids by myself (which is against the law when I am only allowed 11) so she can play on Facebook in the front office and gossip, she not only got the AD to send me home early that day (Thursday) she changed the schedule and made me be off on Friday.Today, I was sent home after only 2 hours of being at work while she called in the afternoon staff to sit around and do nothing, I guess to make sure I know that she doesn't want me there.

I want to contact my District Manager but I do not trust her and her boss (which was the former district manager) is her best friend and they will turn all of these complaints on me so in case I try to report anything or take action against them, I have seen that happen. Although I am leaving this daycare, I still have another month until I can start my new position. This would not be such an issue if I didn't have bills to pay and treated so horribly by Sally. I get along with all coworkers and just can't understand why this woman has it out for me.
I am leaving but I can't afford to not work for a month while I wait for my new job to open

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

I would look for new employment. I am a valuable worker, and I won't put up with a workplace that treats me like that.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

I don't know how high up the food chain you can go.

I don't know if Texas has anything equivalent to the Labor Relations Board. It's unlikely, if it does, that it works in really short time-spans.

Sometimes you have to live with a bad situation for a month.

You could go to the media, but that might put your future job in jeopardy.

You've already disallowed any of the usual things that can be done -- saying you can't trust anyone; that "Sally" has everyone in her pocket.

Try to make amends with Sally -- though you've probably already made it clear you loathe and despise her, so that wouldn't be easy.