This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help don't judge me please this is real bad ugh.?
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Please help don't judge me please this is real bad ugh.?
Okay so I Instagram role play. I have for over a year. I'm a girl. I've met some amazing friends. A few months ago, as a joke, me and one of my friends from role play created guy role plays. It was just to see how different it was, but then I made all these friends and now I'm lost. I've became so desperate to the point to where I have used someone else as my Ooc (out of character) face claim so my friends on role play still think I'm a guy. I had to call one one time and I began having conversations with them for weeks upon weeks. Each call would last hours. I would deepen my voice to call and it worked. Now some friends are wanting to video chat and get videos and I don't know what to do. I know you'll say, "tell them the truth" but it's not easy. Role play is so important to me. It's stressing me out at the moment and I don't know what to do I'm freaking out. I really need help. Please help me.
Here's the thing okay so it's more personal than most of you think it's a release from the world that has taken over my life ugh
Here's the thing okay so it's more personal than most of you think it's a release from the world that has taken over my life ugh

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Well, the thing is, I used to role play as I guy, I'll admit. When I finally revealed it to my friends they did have some trust issues with me, but they learned to get over it. Just tell them the role playing got the better of you but you're willing to be honest now.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

Are they really your friends? Just because you made virtual contact with someone doesn't mean that you are friends. Maybe you should just cease contact. Do you remember that idiot college football player that thought he had an internet girlfriend and then "she" claimed to have cancer, then "she" died, then she came back to life and claimed "she" was hiding from a gang or something like that? That is exactly what you are doing to people. Unfortunately, they are stupid enough to believe what you are doing to them.
02-19-2014, 01:07 PM

Come clean and apologize sincerely to each of them.

Some may decide to ditch you, but others may choose not to.
They deserve to be able to make that choice for themselves.

Grow up . . .
Start doing things the right way now, or your entire life will become
one big twisted mess that will overwhelm you even more than you feel overwhelmed now!

Life isn't about oing the easiest thing all the time, its about learning how to avoid making difficult situations for ourselves & others to get involved in. . . .

If you realized that you'd made a wrong turn while driving, and found yourself entering a freeway on a freeway exit, wouldn't you pull off & turn around as soon as possible . . . ? Of course you would! Why? Because it would make absolutely no sense to continue on as you are, and every sense to correct your mistake.

So, start figuring out how you'll go about it . . .
the simpler the better, but don't be rude about it . . . be sincere, from the heart

IF necessary you can start 'role play' all over again . . . as yourself, this time.
(You don't have to tell or show them who you really are.
Just explain what happened, and that you are stopping the charade.)

These articles can help you in your endeavor:

"Why Is It So Hard to Apologize?"
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002800

"Apologizing—A Key to Making Peace"
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002801
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Stop before you get on the tv show catfish then you&#x27;ll b more embarrassed n exposed..