This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex moved to the town I go to school in, got job I always told him to go for - coincidence?
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Ex moved to the town I go to school in, got job I always told him to go for - coincidence?
I dated this guy for 2 years and we used to live together. He could be really great to me but he also had a lot of issues and did some really horrible things to me. I couldn't take it anymore and dumped him a year ago. He let me stay with him and tried to win me back, and basically still treated me like I was his girlfriend and took care of me. After a few months, though when it became clear I'd never take him back he threw me out. When I came to get my things he started crying which he NEVER does. He told me how sorry he was and that if I'd just forgive him and be with him I could come back. I refused. He got so upset I left without getting all my things. Then he held onto them for 5 months - every week he had a new excuse why he couldn't give them to me. I know he only did this as an excuse to stay in contact because when I was nice to him he was extremely nice to me.

But he immediately started dating some girl he met online and he's still with her. I don't even think he likes her, though and she's really weird and not cute. I don't think his family likes her. Our breakup was extremely ugly and his family knows this, yet his sister, cousin, and mom's best friend are all friends with me on Facebook still. He's close to his sister and she likes my statuses and stuff still. I think she might be keeping tabs on me for him but idk.

Also, right after I moved out he moved out of the apartment we used to share. He really had no reason to - it was a nice place, plus he has bad credit so its hard for him to even get a place. Coincidentally, he now lives in the same town I go to school in - when he knows I can't prove residency anymore which could be an issue. Then yesterday I found out that he got a new job. After our breakup, I had told him several times he was nothing more than a scumbag car salesman and would never amount to anything else. When we had dated I always encouraged him to get into corporate business. Sure enough his new job is in corporate America...

Then last night I happened to "like" The Humane Society on Facebook and he posted a photo that said "proud owner of a rescue pet" but again could be coincidence.

I don't want him back at all it just seems weird so I'm curious. I haven't spoken to him in 2 months and he hasn't contacted me either. He knows I hate his guts

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Boy you two are quite a pair.

You hate his guts, he's dating someone else; you're "sure" he doesn't like her, and think his sister is keeping tabs on you.

Why do you care about him? You broke up with him and stayed, living in his apartment. Which wasted his time, led him on, and prevented him from dating anyone else by the way. When you made it clear you and he were through he tossed you out so he could move on with his life.

And, he got rid of his apartment so he could start a new life without being reminded of you.

In the meantime you're reading everything into what he's doing, and maybe he's playing games back too.

Might I suggest something? Make your facebook account private so ONLY certain people can see certain posts on your timeline. Also, might I suggest that you kindly just let go of him and move on yourself?

See this way he's doing whatever he has to do, and you do whatever you have to do; and you both finally part ways and move on.

As far as the Humane Society thing? Who knows? Maybe he got a pet, maybe he got a better job working for some corporation? Does it really matter? You don't want him anymore.

Seems that you two had a nasty, selfish, ego-driven relationship and apparently THAT part has never ended.

In the future if you want to have a healthy, happy and enduring relationship, my suggestion is (1) no head-games (2) you give and receive not demand and take (3) you both learn how to communicate properly, fight fairly and not call each other ugly names (4) learn to treat each other with RESPECT which runs both ways (5) consider your other half's feelings and views before doing things that might affect your significant other; and (6) both grow and mature together.

I didn't see anything approaching a healthy relationship from what you described. Just a lot of ego and selfishness.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply