This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why wouldn't it be a good idea to contact my ex boyfriend?
02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Why wouldn't it be a good idea to contact my ex boyfriend?
My bf broke up with me on November 2013 and for some reason I still miss him and I want him back. I want to tell him how I feel and that our relationship would of been better if we communicate better. (And by better I mean talk things through face to face instead of via text or talking about it over the phone). But my family and friends said that it wouldn't be a good idea to contact him and just ignore him. I am trying to talk to other ppl but I'm still in love with my ex. How come it's not a good idea to contact my ex even when I still have strong feelings for him??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 02:15 PM

Give it another month. I've felt that way about boys before but then eventually it does go away. However, there's one boy I've still been in love with for over a year and I haven't gotten over him at all. We started talking again over the summer and eventually (when I thought he might be starting to see someone else... which ended up being the case) I let it all out and completely girl-ed out, (which I NEVER do, EVER). Didn't work.

Today we went for coffee, we haven't seen each other in a really long time. We didn't talk about our relationship, break up, anything like that at all, and something about today I felt closer to him than ever. We talked for two and a half hours about like everything and nothing.

Definitely wait a little longer, but if you do decide to talk to him again, keep it simple. People say ex's are ex's for a reason. I don't necessarily believe that. Dwelling on the past doesn't do anything but keep you there. If you want it to work you need to start it as something new. Talking about the problems you had in the relationship before should happen, but I've learned it shouldn't happen until a new one has been formed (or at least not really serious stuff... keep talk about the past light).

Ads

02-19-2014, 02:27 PM

Because he's probably over you and is enjoying his new found freedom again, so don't ruin it for him by trying to inject yourself back in his life. Let the poor guy go out and schlong-out some new talent!
02-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Kristy, your feelings are supported. Be encouraged. Think of the worse that could happen. He could be dating someone, he could miss you as much you miss him, he could be distant when you try to talk with him or he could just completely ignore your calls and not respond. It could go either way. The bigger question is whether your heart will be able to rest if you don't reach out and how you will respond to these possible responses. Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally.

When you make the call have a friend by your side for support.

As a side bar, I fully agree with you about texting. More and more relationships are falling to the waist side because of this social medium. Couples need to communicate face to face for the health of the relationship.
Hope this helps
Click link below for your special sentiment.
https://twitter.com/HeartCrushes4u/statu...1213447168