This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do we raise awareness about the importance of paternity testing?
02-19-2014, 03:18 PM
How do we raise awareness about the importance of paternity testing?
How do we protect men from women wanting to deceive them about the paternity of a child. How do we encourage more men to get tested instead of relying on what the mother tells them?.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 03:25 PM

If a man is dumb enough to be tricked into paying for some other man's kid, that's his problem. Not everyone is as savvy as you. And yes you are right, many women are not to be trusted. If I were a man I would never pay a dime in child support until I had a positive paternity test.

Ads

02-19-2014, 03:32 PM

Men who have doubts will get tested in any case. Those who don't doubt have no need.

It would never even cross my husband's mind to paternity test our children. He knows they are his. He trusts me. I trust him. If we didn't trust each other we wouldn't have married.

In the case of single men I would always advocate paternity testing.
02-19-2014, 03:33 PM

If a man disputes paternity, he has every right to prove otherwise. BTW, that's in the lawbook.

Why are you making a big deal of a non-issue?
And if a man is sl#tty enough to go sleeping around (esp. w/o the aid of a prophylactic) then maybe he DESERVES to pay child support for a child, be it his or not.
If he's not worried about diseases, he should consider himself EXTREMELY LUCKY that an offspring is the ONLY thing he walked away with. Coulda been a number of diseases!
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM

I suppose you could use the power of the internet. Make youtube videos or write articles. Use facts and figures about the percent of children who aren't their father's kid while the father is unaware. Just try to spread the word to others somehow.
02-19-2014, 03:46 PM

By publicizing the court decisions that have FORCED men to pay child support for 18 YEARS ( and tens of thousands of dollars), even after they've submitted DNA evidence PROVING THEY'RE NOT THE FATHERS. Of course, our gynocentric mass media would never give this issue the attention it devotes to say, self esteem for teen age girls, and would shut down discussion altogether if had a potential of becoming an issue (sufficient to result in legal reform to address paternity fraud). The internet and social media are probably the best vehicles for publicizing the injustice. Someone needs to come up with some creative videos addressing this issue.

@J- It doesn't matter what law books say. Courts have rules that once a man has been designated as the "father" and child support payments are initiated, he's on the hook until the child is 18, even if he subsequently discovers the mother deceived him. There are men who've been victimized by paternity fraud because they did not know (and thus could not have contested) the mother naming him as the father. The opinion of the court is that if he does not raise the issue right away, he has no legal right to raise it later. I wonder what women would do if the could be legally compelled to support children whom they have no biological relationship with, have never lived in a household with, and whose upbringing they have no say in.
02-19-2014, 03:58 PM

i can't see much concern humans know from about the age of nine how babies are made and the concept of parenting and offspring connections

the culture of relatives to point out visual similarity between parents and new borns is long established and clearly an effort to observe paternity

not being the father is a staple in dramatic fiction since books began recording the previous oral tradition of storytelling

i'm not certain what more could raise the profile that children share observable genes with their father, paternity is far too entrenched it seems.