This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i respond to an old friend's email?
02-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Should i respond to an old friend's email?
A coworker and I became extremely close a few years ago. We texted every night and chatted at work non stop through out the week. We started to develop feelings for one another but he was married with 2 kids and I was engaged with 2 kids so nothing ever happened with us physically. Then a year ago he he lost his job. I heard it through the grapevine that he was already on his way out due to him looking into jobs for competing companies but our personal emails were also brought to his attention (no one said anything to me which i thought was odd).Nothing really bad we were just discussing our feelings and how there was nothing we could do about them blah blah blah. He was acting distant and goofy toward me for the last 2 weeks he was at work and then when he left he didnt even tell me it was his last day and i never heard from him again. Last night I got a msg from his via social media. Im not sure what I am to do about this. Should i respond? should i ignore it? It took me months to get over this guy and how he just vanished from my life without so much as a wave goodbye. On the other hand, im in a really good place with my now husband and my life. I am finally content. The feelings I have for my husband however dont come close to the cloud 9 i felt when i was with coworker. It was something i had never experienced and didnt believe existed until I met him. What should I do?
@ suraj...what?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 05:23 PM

Danielle, all I can say is stop wasting yours and your husband's time. If you were engaged at the time and this co-worker was also married, you guys really should have practiced enough self-control to respect those boundaries OR either call off your relationships to be with each other instead of nearly emotionally having an affair.

And why fall in love or develop feelings for a guy that is in a way, looking elsewhere than concentrating on his wife. Surely, if he was with you, he'd probably do the same to someone other woman.

The idea of loving your husband should cause you sweat before you ever think about hurting or betraying him. So, if there is something or someone that is getting in the way of your concentration and efforts in this marriage, it is your duty to stay away from those things.

Ads

02-19-2014, 05:33 PM

don't forget that he is your friend.He did not come in your need in indeed but you should not have to become like him.be polite him.you can't be like others
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM

The fact that he left without saying goodbye is something you should consider. You were engaged at the time and encouraged the relationship. The idea that he has contacted you after so long is probably igniting your past feelings, which in my opinion could not have been true based on his actions. You are married now. This means that you have settled and you do not have to look into past relationships. I am assuming that your husband loves you very much and this guy just walked out of your life.Make the comparison and think!!!! this guy is going to ruin your trust in your marriage and you should have nothing to do with him, rather channel your feelings into your current marriage. goodluck
02-19-2014, 05:53 PM

Do you want to start screwing around taking away time, energy, and emotional focus from your marriage? You are in a good place now, ever think that the feelings for the other dude way back could have impacted your marriage at the time? While it's all fine and dandy to have friends from the opposite sex, when those friends pull us in any way shape or form. From our families, it is damaging to our marriages.
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM

No