This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I develope more interests in life?
02-19-2014, 11:14 PM
How do I develope more interests in life?
School is pretty much the only thing that makes my life satisfying right now because I have my friends and I have goals to reach a good career. But when I graduate college and start work, there will be no more school, friends will go separate ways, and I will no longer have a goal to reach, which seems like a boring life. How do I experience more in life if I have no other interests?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 11:19 PM

I have news for you: You're not going to get a good career right after you graduate. Your degree will just get you in the door, but then you're going to start out at the bottom and have to work your way up. Don't worry. You still have a long journey ahead of you in life.

Ads

02-19-2014, 11:35 PM

Develop a hobby like music, art, reading, writing, sports, etc.
Also, start exploring.

I live in Southern California, and recently I've been Googling things that I can do or places that I can go to near where I live. I found a lot of inexpensive museums I can check out, comedy clubs I can go to, concerts, events, etc.

So wherever you live, try to find a website that lists tons of things you can do around there. Make a list of the things you'd like to check out, and start going to them one by one. Personally, I'm starting with the least expensive ones. I'm actually going to a museum in about an hour, and it's only $5. It's so worth it, you learn a lot, and you get to meet new people and create new experiences.

Another thing, I don't know if you are part of any social networking sites, but if you are, I would really recommend closing your account. I deleted my Facebook account 2 months ago (not deactivated, but permanently deleted), and I have been so much more relaxed, more positive, and felt more present in everything. I've noticed that when I go out with my friends, they are all immersed in their phones, checking their Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I feel like they are missing out on what's actually going on around them. Not to mention, it's pretty pathetic when you sit there and your friends are taking selfies or taking a picture of their food so they can post it on Instagram. I actually feel kind of embarrassed.

I kind of went off topic there, but anyway I hope I helped. I'm at the same point as you right now, so that's the stuff I've been doing to make my life more interesting.