This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where should I promote my album?
02-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Where should I promote my album?
I just finished and released a punkrock album, and sharing it on facebook and reverb nation only gets you so far. Any ideas for an effective means of promotion to get the most people possible to hear it? It's free, I'm not trying to sell it, so iTunes and such are irrelevant to my situation.

(Also, if you're pushing one of those websites to get gigs and stuff, just fack off cuz I'm not gonna look at it.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 03:04 AM

You can post it on soundcloud , youtube and put some links on the description so people can find you on other social networks that pretty much works Smile

Ads

02-20-2014, 03:04 AM

Purevolume is a site that a lot people go to discover new music. Putting your free mp3s on there never hurts!
02-20-2014, 03:19 AM

Why are you giving it away for free? Seems like an odd descision since you've put money into recording it and producing and releasing it... You might want to rethink that. Making money is never irrelevant (unless its for charity)
Send it to record labels. Advertise in magazines. Unless there isnt a following for the style of music theres nothign else to do.
02-20-2014, 03:25 AM

Soundcloud, Youtube, Yahoo, and Twitter are your best bets! That keeps everything free and anyone can see it, not just your facebook friends.

It's bound to get you some attention from rock fans like me!

Big Grin