This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can people stand this world?
02-20-2014, 03:17 AM
How can people stand this world?
I don't understand how people can be happy, as most everything is pointless and depressing. Social media, sports, TV, government, disease, and future energy problems. Social media i had one for about a year found out quickly that i didn't like it as I didn't care what people were posting. Such as, "just got finished eating dinner" or "Have to walk my dog" or "super exited for blah blah blah". Sports anoy me because of how much they are talked about and are pointless entertainment, every single year people root for a random team to win, then when a team wins nothing really happens and just starts over. TV just waists time and is another meaningless form of entertainment, you can't even choose the exact show you want to watch. Also even if you are using a subscription such as direct TV you still have to watch commercials the only thing you gain from a subscription is slightly more selection of channels. But, the cost is just ridiculous and some people spend over $100 a month just to watch TV, $1200 a year saved you can do so much with the money. Such as working less, spending on worthwhile hobby, or maybe investing who knows, whatever you want. Also, smart phones i see so many people my age (high school) who have them, parents paying for there spending just to tweet, Facebook, whatever on the go. Then they, do not even take care of the phone, by regularly dropping it, putting it in back pocket, or pocket with keys. Then, after 2 years replace a perfectly good phone just because it happens to be old or outdated. They rarely think past 2 years for the phone, by purchasing a phone that is difficult to repair, further supporting planned obsolescence and excessive consumption. Waiting in line to buy a new product to hide there low self worth seeking meaning in products. Willing to spend on proprietary software ( really need a replacement for auto desk inventor which costs over $1000 and really annoys me). Then there are people who do drugs and willingly mess up there brain (underage). They live in the moment and don't think about there future then continue to take drugs because of addiction, environment, and are just too stupid to stop. There is the us government spying on citizens (use tor or an encryption service people, but whatever maybe you don't care about your privacy), partaking in expensive wars, and corrupt politicians who refuse to compromise. I understand that we have become a world police force but we should slowly pull out of everyone problems. I believe that some countries have become to reliant on our military force so we could give them time to prepare if we do ever pull out. Then there are politicians who are corrupted by donations from various corporate interests, sensationalistic news channels with political agendas. Also, various government regulations which i dislike, such as car regulations. The car manufacturers are forced to make cars with a certain amount of airbags, traction control, emission standards (actually is useful), and mpg (actually is useful but could use some modifications in my opinion such as lower mpg needed if using bio fuel). I believe that the safety of vehicles should be chosen by consumers and does not need regulations. If the consumer wants a safe vehicle then he/she will buy a safe vehicle. Due to the added weight of numerous features cars have become heaver, more expensive, and are less reliable than they could potentially be(but maybe people enjoy paying extra for features they don't need). Just imagine a small reliable car that uses biodiesel and without useless electronics to go wrong it would be cheap and easy to work on and better than any vehicle currently on the market for our environment, Due to the easily replaceable parts, high efficiency, and lasting longer so it takes longer to go to scrap. At this point electric cars are impractical and harmful because of the batteries being used as when they go bad after 10 years need to be replaced and recycled, take to long to charge, and electric that car is using is most likely produced by coal. We just don't have the technology for it as of right now, but it would be a great option if major advance in battery technology because of less moving parts. But, moving on we need to increase spending in renewable energy( should be top priority because whole world has become too reliant and threatens national security) and disease prevention(super virus). But, yeah people just don't seem to care about stuff like this are rather continue with there meaningless everyday lives. But, i suppose there are some good parts when you do find someone similar to yourself.
Also this has kinda turned into a rant, sorry community guidelines.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 03:20 AM

OK I didn&#x27;t really read the whole thing but when you like someone you&#x27;ll a
Always think of them and forget the bad things I swear get a crush

Ads

02-20-2014, 03:23 AM

Boy you better get a better outlook on life or you are going to flip out.
02-20-2014, 03:29 AM

You have pretty accurately depicted the world; exactly what Jesus warned his followers to avoid. Real Christians generally chose not to be a part of that world.
02-20-2014, 03:36 AM

well if you want to dwell on the negative then I guess there is all that yeah
02-20-2014, 03:41 AM

By trusting in the Lord. I found answers in the Bible. I suggest starting in the New Testament. I asked Jesus Christ into my life as my personal Lord and Savior many years ago and He has helped me through all sorts of problems and blessed me a lot. He is a faithful friend. I recommend Him to you.
02-20-2014, 03:48 AM

By not sitting.
02-20-2014, 03:51 AM

My only advice would be to stop using social media, don't watch sports, use Hulu or Netflix, only $8/mo. You can watch whatever you want, when you want... or if you like anime a lot then CrunchyRoll is a good site. They all have apps to work on a Playstation. Cancel cable, a basic TV antenna can actually pick up digital channels which is pretty decent whenever you want regular TV.

Most of the issues you're talking about really is monetary related. There really is no simple answers other than to redesign the culture... which is possible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphWsnhZ4Ag

Believe me, I feel just as frustrated with humanity as you are... but there is always hope that things can change. We may not see it happen in our lifetime though, we'll likely see the continued downfall of capitalism & the monetary system though... but that's why it's important for people to realize there is an alternative. So if the socio-economic system does collapse, there may be hope to move forward.

Unfortunately you and I are living in a transition period... from an age that is dying, the to the birth of a new age. It likely won't be a pretty ride. But it's the only life you have so it's best to try to be positive. Get more involved, be more pro-active towards things you feel passionate about.
02-20-2014, 03:54 AM

Just as an example. Coal is now being used for less than 1/3 of our electricity on the grid. http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/aeo/er/early_elecgen.cfm It is corporate special interests and their propaganda that pushes the incorrect view that all electric cars depend upon coal.

Like this listening to too too much media can give us a negative picture of the world. Consider who owns the media. Consider who wins by a population that is disheartened and un-empowered?

You can call it the 1%, corporate or even religious interests that ask you to surrender your sense of self worth. It has probably always been this way and at times it may even be the right thing to do. But among the sheep there are people who continue to strive for personal excellence and who are not dissuaded by the talk. You have some ability to decide in which group you will live.