This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will facebook and xbox live let people with children setting be able to get permision to go on?
02-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Will facebook and xbox live let people with children setting be able to get permision to go on?
Well, I called xbox today cause I couldn't figure out why I wasnt being able to see Facebook/Twitter/ and the radio one..they told my caue i have a child account which made me a bid angry i must of put my real age when usually i fake it. But anyway, I called today and ask a representive what I could do and he said that xbox was supposed to be releasing a update enable parents to allow there children on facebook/twitter. Is that true and did anyone else here about that? Cause I was about to make a new account before I heard about this..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 07:45 AM

Not sure, but if the person is under 18, parents are the right to choose what the child can do on xbox of what they can do and not. SO yes.

Ads

02-20-2014, 07:56 AM

From the Fourms..

As some of you might be aware, those under the age of 18 are not able to access Twitter, Facebook and Last.fm in our public preview. I want to you let you know that this will remain the case when it launches to the world soon. We made this decision because as it stands now, parents aren’t able to use Family Settings to customize which of these applications their children can access. In order to offer an age-appropriate environment for everyone, we decided to turn off these applications for those Gold members under the age of 18. As expected, this has been a hot topic with the preview users. We want to make sure everyone was aware, however, that the development team is working on an update that gives parents the choice of which social applications their children can access. This means that Xbox LIVE members between the ages of 13 and 17 will be able to use Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm as long as their parents approve. The team hope to roll this out several weeks after launch and I will update you on the exact date as it gets closer