This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A career in marketing.?
02-20-2014, 08:20 AM
A career in marketing.?
I'm thinking alot about a future career when I leave finish school, and I feel marketing is something I would be interested in. As an assignment I must prepare a 5 minute presentation on why I would like to be a marketing apprentice. Can someone help me on how I would go about this? I just need a guideline.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 08:25 AM

Marketing is a vast area of business, with many disciplines falling underneath its umbrella. You could work in the marketing department of any corporation where the Chief Marketing Officer directs his/her subordinates in ways to sell whatever product or service the company provides. You could be focusing on merchandising, couponing, advertising, shopper marketing (in-store displays), social media marketing, and many other sub-disciples.
Check out advertising industry websites and journals like adage.com for advertising-specific coverage of the industry, or CMO.com for a taste of what Chief Marketing Officers deal with.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply