This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are conservatives getting fed up with the social conservative agenda?
10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Are conservatives getting fed up with the social conservative agenda?
I've noticed more and more conservative people on this board claiming to be Independents rather than Republicans these days.
Those who want a balance federal budget, smaller government, less taxation, and a free market seem to be looking elsewhere to realize these goals than the Republican party.
Is this a sign of discontent with the social conservative agenda?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 07:18 PM

NO! I am an independent Conservative!~!

Ads

It is a call for Republicans to return to their conservative roots and to stop pandering and trying to buy votes from the left by adopting the sociallist agenda.

But a large majority of politicians these days only do whatever they can to get elected and aren't concerned with the future of America

Please wake up are you that dull you can`t spot the strings on the puppets

Yep. People tend to separate the issues of social liberty and economics, for example, someone might say, "I side with Democrats on social issues and Republicans on economic issues." Or vice versa. But aren't they all social issues. If someone in Washington or my state capitol tells me how to run my business, whether business or personal life, aren't they making social decisions that affect my liberties?

How I conduct my life, means I take responsibility for my decisions, and enjoy the benefits of the good decisions and suffer for the bad decisions, not others. I don't expect others to pay for my mistakes, and I don't expect others, accept my family and friends, to enjoy the rewards from my good decisions, unless I am charitable, which I am. But I don't want the government to make the decision for me.

I believe that is part of the intent of the Bill of Rights, personal responsibility.

Another part of the intent is checks and balances, in the Articles in the Constitution, and the amendments. There is separations between the legislative, executive, and judicial branches, that both Republicans and Democrats feel free to cross. Then we the people have the right and obligation to have a check on the government in the Bill of Rights. That is the intent, but many people give up those rights, to support a party, not thinking that later other people will take advantage of the loss of rights.

So yeah, I'm Independant, not Rep, not Dem, not Libertrian, just classical liberal.