This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I post my own advertisement on my personal website?
02-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Can I post my own advertisement on my personal website?
With e-commerce getting bigger and bigger every day, everyone wants their own way to jump on the bandwagon and make some money one way or another. Everywhere we look websites have dozens of advertisements and each time we visit any one of these sites we make these websites money. If you understand the way online advertising works, you know that it is simple and an easy way to make a little bit of extra cash. But not everyone has a website and they aren’t able to do this, but the more I thought about this I realized almost everyone has a Myspace or a Facebook. From what I understand, you can edit your own myspace page; so wouldn't it make sense for users to post an advertisement of their own on their page? Does myspace block this? I personally do not have a page so I don't know but maybe someone could help me find the answer. Thank You!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 10:27 AM

>> Can I post my own advertisement on my personal website?

Yes...but who would see it?

>> and each time we visit any one of these sites we make these websites money.

Bull. I leave them as quickly...I don't click the ads. Few do.

>> If you understand the way online advertising works, you know that it is simple and an easy way to make a little bit of extra cash.

yes...emphasis on the LITTLE!

>> I realized almost everyone has a Myspace or a Facebook.

Really? Hardly.

>> so wouldn't it make sense for users to post an advertisement of their own on their page?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a business website if you want to do business?

Ads

02-20-2014, 10:43 AM

I think the person who answered before had enough valid point that I will only throw in my two cents on the myspace question. Myspace was designed to be a social network, not a place to spam business opportunities, and it used to be great, but now everyone uses it for business.

Myspace clearly states in their terms and conditions that it is not for commercial use, so be careful how you use it.

There are many networking social sites out there. Ryze, Bizprenuer, Adlandpro, BizzyBlog, Direct Matches, etc... you would do better to post your commercial site information on one of these.
~best to you
~jennifer
Helping others create additional income from home one step at a time.
02-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Great points here! And Jennifer's list of business sites are excellent as I am a member of most of them and then some. I do have a MySpace but you must be very careful. For example, I have information on my business in my blogs and such but here is the difference in having your info there and being a spammer. I NEVER, EVER email anyone with my business info link or anything else concerning my business unless they contact me and specifically ask for it. I also never post it on anything that is sent to all members on my friends list or post it in comments on my friends pages. I also have a lot of personal info there as well so it isn't totally business. It is there for them to read about if they like and if not, they aren't spammed with links begging them to go check out the business and such.

There are tasteful ways to use the social networks to let people know who you are and what you do without bombarding them with ads.

The business networking sites are great and you are allowed to send members ads and such. But keep in mind that they are also given the same privelidges to contact you. It is better to have a seperate email address for these emails because you will definitely be bombarded with ads from other networkers there. I receive over 100 emails per day from just 1 of the sites I am a member of so I am grateful that I was told about the seperate email address ahead of time!

In MySpace, if you contact other members with your business ads, your account WILL be deleted so if you choose to have a page there, just let it work naturally and let your visitors choose whether or not they want to read about your business. I have gotten a couple of members by doing this because I didn't pressure them to look at it. Many people hate pressure. I am one of them! LOL.

I wish you all the best!
Bonnie Ramsey