This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just updated Java and now my internet pages are all funny. Does anyone know how I can fix it?
02-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I just updated Java and now my internet pages are all funny. Does anyone know how I can fix it?
I updated java and now some of the pages on the internet look funny. Also now when I am writing emails and I include a link in my email, the link now shows up just as normal typed text and not as a link. It is only when I close the page then re-open it will it show up as an instant link which you can click on. This is frustrating me when typing as it is confusing me.

Also when I also go to tvrage.com for example

http://www.tvrage.com/

The facebook, twitter google+ etc icons near the top of the page will only show up if I click on each individual icon. They appear at first but only in black and white and its only when I click on them do they appear as they should. Obviously this is time consuming and I just wonder if there is something I have to do, to change the settings on JAVA. This has never happened before to me CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ME. All answers appreciated
Another thing that happens is if I have another application or folder from my computer open that sometimes will take on the image from what is on the internet page making it difficult to read or operate and I have to close and reopen again to see everything

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 03:01 PM

Nothing of what you're outlining should be in any way, shape or form connected to updating Java. The only thing I might think of would be a corrupted memory page due to some very strange memory leak while installing Java - but that should disappear immediately if you rebooted your computer. So... whatever it is, it shouldn't be Java related, and you updating Java should be a coincidence, not a causal relationship. You might try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, http://www.malwarebytes.org , see what you can find.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply