This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to overcome shyness?
02-20-2014, 05:09 PM
How to overcome shyness?
I feel like my social life is dying and I need to start speaking to new people but my lack of confidence and shyness is getting in the way. I feel awkward speaking to new people on facebook because I don't know what to say. Advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 05:22 PM

Whenever l am to speak to a crowd of people l have that challenge too. What l do is try to tell myself how important l am to my audience and how presence is relevant to their sitting, as l consider them gathered because of me.

Ads

02-20-2014, 05:35 PM

I&#x27;ve felt shy and worried about small things (like speaking to a crowd etc.) my entire life. To be completely honest unless you talk to big crowds everyday you probably won&#x27;t completely comfortable with the situation and there is no 100% in anything. I have super awkward moments where I will walk by groups or just people I know and my heart races like insanely fast and I get really scared haha. You probably aren&#x27;t that bad but if that&#x27;s similar to what your like with crowds I do have some tips that helps me. Listen to sleep hypnosis for social anxiety, shyness, anything along those lines. It&#x27;s sounds so stupid but it actually works well trust me! Share stories with people who feel the same as you. I recently decided to talk to a school of kids about bullying and it was the most terrifying thing I&#x27;ve ever done. The kids though, I could see it in their faces how shy and insecure they were just like me. It helps to keep the mindset that you can be an example to other shy people.