This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teen marketing Business?
02-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Teen marketing Business?
Hello, I just need an idea or two, I plan on going to college into marketing and or business admin/management. I'm really into starting my own company after working as a sales associate for about a year now. I've been looking into things like social media networking services, but i feel as if my low amount of experience will prove to be useful, and make it difficult to start. Is there any way I could either specialize in something not requiring licensing. I plan on starting it as an llc for expansion purposes. I'm 16 and my age is irrelevant because I can be mature and professional when I choose to be, unlike my peers. I don't even know if i want it to be internet based. Give me any ideas!!!! I'll do it locally as a start if that is what it takes. Please get back to me asap thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 06:49 PM

Honestly...I think the on-line social networking thing has been pretty much played out unless you can find a niche market...such as 'Teens Only' social networking website. But it would likely cost you more than you would make.

What you might consider doing is starting a local teen-scene in your home town. Someplace teens can go after school to hang out, post no-to-low-cost socializing events for them to attend as a group such as a pizza party, roller skating, bowling, etc. Maybe you could try organizing it with donations from local businesses in the area or have a local business host the event for the teens. You could also try negotiating with an empty retail space for a hang-out. This would be good publicity for the business and a nice tax write off for them, as well as build a name for yourself.

Lots of kids have no place to go after school, so they get in trouble. This would be a positive thing for the community and get you lots of publicity. You could build it from there...start an apprentice job program for them once you get your feet wet. Build it slowly and solidly. Don't try to do it all at once. You need to gain trust from your donators. You could start it as a non-profit. As the administrator, you would still be making a salary...not much to begin with...and can go from there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply