This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I approach my online GF who I caught catfishing me? Or should I just ignore her all together?
02-20-2014, 07:08 PM
How do I approach my online GF who I caught catfishing me? Or should I just ignore her all together?
I don't even know where to begin here. I met a girl online a month ago and we hit it off. We've been texting and talking on the phone every day since. She's sent me pics of her and they are all the same girl and the person I talk too on the phone is a girl.

That said, we were having a disagreement on when we talked the first time and I went and looked on my phone bill. Her calls always come up "No Caller ID," but there was a different number than the one she gave me listed on the night we first talked. I Googled the number (I Google everything) and an Instagram account came up in the listings bc the owner of the account left a comment with that number in it. I clicked on it and it's a guys account. But what's really odd is that every moment she's told me about, there was a correlating picture of this guy with that moment. There are also details she's given me about her life that were also in this guy's photos (i.e. type of car she drives, she's into cheer, that kind of stuff.)

I've always been skeptical since she says she doesn't have a twitter, Facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc. But I do know a girls voice when I hear one and this is definitely a girls voice on the phone. But there's just too much coincidence here to not be true.

Should I approach her about this and how would you even begin this conversation? Or would the best course of action be to just ignore her and move on? I mean, obviously whatever we had wasn't real to begin with, so should I even waste my time?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 07:18 PM

Tough one. Call her/him out on it, then move on.

Ads

02-20-2014, 07:19 PM

Call them out and unless there is a REAL explanation then move on.

As in... Don't just buy what they tell you.

Chances are it's a guy who's a tranny or has a higher voice and enjoys talking like a girl.

Note: I'm a straight guy who actually gets a lot of girls cuz im ripped and socially intelligent. HOWEVER I talk fast and higher pitched and sorta bubbly... Just by nature... I get mistaken for a girl on the phone sometjmes. So yeah. It could easily be a guy who maybe got tired of always being called a girl so he decided to pretend to be one to get revenge? Lol idk
02-20-2014, 07:29 PM

I'm a little confused. I think online dating is great but talking and texting for weeks before meeting is never a good idea. Even if it is a woman (let's hope) you might find no physical connection then you've wasted weeks of your life on that person. I wouldn't call her out on any of it. Just say, "hey... I enjoy that we've chatted but I need to move forward with my life and finding the relationship I'm looking for. We should meet before we go any further to make sure we are compatible." If she won't meet, then drop her. If she will, make it happen this weekened at the latest or slow communication until you do.