This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have scoliosis & im in a lot of pain what do I do?
02-20-2014, 07:30 PM
I have scoliosis & im in a lot of pain what do I do?
Im 22 & ive had scoliosis for some time now, I think the last time I had xrays & was checked maybe 17 But now im in alot of pain especially my upper back it feels like an accordion being pulled a apart & pushed back together I've put a heating pad & I've done ice. I was told im close to being done growing, could my spine have changed? What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 07:40 PM

Hi
You need to have your spine checked, you probably will need new xrays. The scoliosis curves may have increased. Scoliosis can be quite painful at times. Stretching exercises help a lot. On You Tube look for sitting chair exercises spinal stretches...even exercises to do at your desk......there are a lot of exercises that can help.
Most important though is getting that back checked & go from there. If possible avoid any narcotic pain meds. The pain may be from inflammation....over the counter Motrin might help. Tylenol might help for the muscle aches.
Your scoliosis will need to be monitored for the rest of your life for any changes in the curvatures getting worse.
If your on facebook there are lots of scoliosis support groups.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply