This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could you recommend a Klee kai breeder?
02-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Could you recommend a Klee kai breeder?
Me and my husband are very interested in welcoming a puppy into our life in the near future. In our country (Hungary), there is not any breeder, so we decided to looks around in other countries.

We are looking for a black-white, standard size male puppy, with brown eyes, for a family member, and we would like to castrating him later. It would be very important to us, to the puppy's parents are tested for health defects, and the puppy should have a pedigree - so we looking for a responsible breeder Smile

I was joined to an UK klee kai facebook group and there are some very kind breeder, but im curious about your opinion.

I was wondering did you recommend a good breeder, who maybe say "yes" to export the puppy with shipping? Or could help to us in the importing? What did you think, could we find a healthy puppy for 1000-1500 euro?

Thank you in advance!
(sorry for the weak english)
The price is not really matter, if we need 2000-2500 or more euro than we will wait and collecting money Smile but its very important us to get a healthy puppy

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 08:51 PM

There's not a lot of breeders in the UK (scroll to the bottom):
http://www.alaskankleekaiscam.com/buying...eder-list/

Your chances of finding a purebred Klee Kai puppy for under 1500 euro is non existent. A purebred Klee Kai puppy goes for $2000-$3000 here (about 1500-2200 euros). A retired or rescue Klee Kai goes for about $800-$1500 (about 600-1100 euros). Keep an eye out for Backyard Breeders trying to pass off Shibas-Klee Kais mixes as purebred Klee Kais. If the price sounds too good, its probably a scam. I paid around $2500 after taxes (about 1800 euros) for my grey-cinnamon-white blue-eye girl.

You can read more here:
http://www.alaskankleekaiscam.com
And here:
http://akkaoa.org

Its best to get one from a Breeder that is associated with the AKKAOA. My puppy came with a data base where I can log in and access medical records of the parents, its parents, and their parents.

Also, if you plan on getting a Klee Kai from a breeder outside of your country, you better know your laws, policies and process on transporting animals. The puppy might have to stay in quarantine for a month or more, and that could damage it's ability to socialize with people.

Ads

02-20-2014, 09:07 PM

Find a homeless dog or get one from someone who has to give theirs away.

Grown dogs are housebroken, trained and their personality is known. "Friendly with children" etc.

Your English is great - don't apologize. Most English speakers can't speak a word of a second language especially in the States.