This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does social networking take the mystery out of life?
02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Does social networking take the mystery out of life?
I remember the days before facebook, myspace, and twitter. The days when friends went their own separate ways. The days when you could actually miss somebody and wonder what ever happened to them. The days when you could reflect on your past rather than reading your old friend has "a new tattoo". Now with social networking, you will always have access to everybody you've ever know at any time. I feel like social networking is the downfall of human relationships and takes away all the mystery of the people from your past

Do you feel this way and please state your age?

thanks
I'm 27 and feel that social networking take the humanity out of people and life would be better if social networking never existed

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 08:52 PM

mystery out of life? it seems like it TAKES OVER most peoples lives and it causes unnecessary drama
people just dont communicate like they use to
i miss it
lol hope that makes sence lol kinda drunk

Ads

02-20-2014, 08:55 PM

No, I think it adds to it... think about it, not every detail of one's past is on fb. That's just ridiculous. And in extreme degrees of separation, you have to trawl through dozens of contacts to reach your friend, learning more about different people the whole way.

These days it's still possible to reminisce. You just have to try.
02-20-2014, 08:56 PM

Absolutely!
Remember when you got a letter in the mail? Remember when someone called you to find out how you are? Remember privacy? I hate social networking. I don't have a facebook, myspace, twitter whatever the hell they call it.

I, too, think it is sad. I'm tired of looking at the younger generation and watch them so absorbed with texting when someone breathing is standing right next to them. Society loses a huge amount of humanity because of technology. But, everything in moderation is a good rule of thumb. Excess (no matter what it is) is destructive.

My age: 49