This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook money. What money?
02-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Facebook money. What money?
Seriously. Facebook and money. Where is the money? The worth? As a user it is
free to me. Actually kind of baseless and stupid? What am I missing? What do the employees do? Who pays for what? Huh? Seriously.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 09:22 PM

The members are its asset or value. Each member says who they are, age, sex, relationship, what they buy, what they eat, drink. What they spend their money on, what they like doing for work or play etc. etc. This comprehensive database could be leveraged into other products or services (so FB, or the big investors, think). As they say the human race got where it is today through social networking of some sort or other (unlike animals). Ah, FB for dogs and cats!

Ads

02-20-2014, 09:37 PM

If you're not being charged for something, chances are you're the product not the customer.

This means that facebook uses your data to sell statistics and consumer information to companies. Everytime you "like" some shit, FB saves that information and then tells companies what people like or dont.

They also sell advertisement spots, do you think those annoying adverts are free?
02-20-2014, 09:44 PM

If you owned a business and you wanted to advertise your product how much would you pay for millions of people to see it. For instance if you sold wedding products and facebook put your advert on every persons page that states they are engaged i'd imagine you'd pay for that. Anything that is viewed by a large number of people is advertisable.