This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i use twitter on my blackberry without a data plan?
10-14-2012, 08:12 PM
how can i use twitter on my blackberry without a data plan?
well as my title suggests I don't have a data plan but I would love to use twitter on my black berry pearl any suggestions?

I have already tried the whole deal on the twitter website but for some reason it's not being sent to my phone?

ay suggestions on what I can do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM

The best way with out a data plan is through text messaging - assuming you have a text messaging plan on a Blackberry, you need at least that. Then you will send your updates through sms - I have noticed it took a while for me to get the sms twitter updates from those I follow on my Blackberry.

Ads

10-14-2012, 08:20 PM

I have been using twitter without a data plan, but need to have sms (text messages). Basically, the steps are:

1. sign up with twitter.com
2. click on the setting tab
3. click on device and enter your phone info and follow thru

Then you can use twitter by sending sms commands to the twitter short code (40404) and twitter will send you info back depending on your command. For instance, you send "follow algore" and twitter will send you future blog updates of Al Gore.

Try http://db4.us as they will respond right away so you can immediately see how text messages are used as commands. For instance, if you send "define cactus" to 466453 (short code of google), google will send you back the dictionary definition of "cactus" immediately.

Using sms.google.com first helped me understand the concept of twitter.