This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clicked an unwanted AD link from Facebook on accident?? :( Please help...?
02-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Clicked an unwanted AD link from Facebook on accident?? :( Please help...?
I was doing some quizzes on Facebook then I clicked a ad on accident (thinking it was a quiz) on a new tab (it had already loaded the ad site before I realized it). When I clicked the tab, it said that the said was "bad" (idk, some kind of known spam site--I checked on McAffe SiteAdvisor to see if the link I clicked was virus infested... Results here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/jartrack.com ). Once it loaded, my internet browser restored down and immediately up.

I have no idea if my computer is infested... any idea?? I already did an antivirus scan check, and it said it was fine (I don't normally trust it). There's no pop-ups, spam, or anything going on in my background, I think...

Can you tell me if opening sites like that could attack your computer? Help appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 05:03 AM

There could be something wrong with it.

Ads

02-21-2014, 05:19 AM

DO NOT.
02-21-2014, 05:23 AM

youll be fine
02-21-2014, 05:26 AM

Usualy you have to get a virus you have to download or play a game on that website so you should be ok dont worry about it =]
02-21-2014, 05:39 AM

I highly doubt Facebook is affiliated with viruses in any way shape or form.

(Shameless ad)
Just finished "Dweeb.us" where you can get 300+ PLR Ebooks for almost nothing.
02-21-2014, 05:41 AM

You can tell if a site you open gives you a virus. Sometimes though the site will say you have a virus and want you to buy a "cure" so you'll give them money, this is probably what ended up happening. Your computer is more then likely not infested.

If internet explorer starts to randomly start up and show random pop ups you probably have a problem then.
02-21-2014, 05:56 AM

never open anything that could be potentially dangerous