This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does asking someone to change their Facebook profile photo to that of a dead relative accomplish?
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
What does asking someone to change their Facebook profile photo to that of a dead relative accomplish?
I have a friend that asked me (and everyone on her Facebook) to change my profile photo to that of a boy in their family that died this afternoon. I feel sorry for her, but I don't exactly understand what's being asked of me. How does having the boy become my profile picture support anything? He is gone and they need to grieve, but I don't understand what exactly is the purpose of this. Not to mention everyone would be asking me why my profile photo is suddenly of some stranger. What does this accomplish? I don't know what to tell her.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 11:22 AM

Simpity? Need to let everyone know that they are in grieve. If you really are curious why did you not ask her? I mean you can share the photo of that boy~ But it doesn't mean you have to do what you don't like or not doing it~ That is all

Ads

02-21-2014, 11:29 AM

No, I think more appropriate would be to make a note in your profile of this persons passing, changing your picture to theirs accomplishes nothing and the person asking is just going overboard due to their grief.