This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I delete my Facebook account?
02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Should I delete my Facebook account?
So my mom keeps reading my messages I send on Facebook. I'm a 14 year old girl, and I joke around a lot. It's not harmful or illegal or anything, but it's kinda funny and just stuff I don't need other people seeing it, because its between me and my friend! But every time she reads my messages she freaks out, it's so aggravating because I've changed my password a boat load of times and she doesn't get the hint that I need alittle privacy. Don't give me a lecture about how I don't need privacy, because I already know! But should I delete my account so she stops? I can still text me friends and ill still have instagram and twitter.
And I don't give her my password..she figures it out.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 11:38 AM

If shes determined she will just switch to reading your texts and twitter.

Ads

02-21-2014, 11:41 AM

Yes delete Facebook. It's a waste of time. It may be hard to let go at first. But once you delete it, it isn't totally deleted
02-21-2014, 11:50 AM

Yes.
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM

Create a secret account where you change the spelling of your name some how or use a nickname, so your mom can't find it.
02-21-2014, 11:55 AM

I think thats a good idea. and later you can always opeen another one with all the pics of you enjoying yourself going out and not stuck on a PC going goggle eyed. Do it.
02-21-2014, 12:04 PM

If you want privacy why do you give her your password? She shouldn't have your password and that would stop her from reading your messages. If she has a Facebook you can block her and only her from seeing certain statuses, pictures and any kind of posts that you make.
02-21-2014, 12:16 PM

You're 14 and not 18 -- you have absolutely no privacy as an adolescent. That's how things go, when you get older or get knocked up when you're 16, you'll be doing the same exact thing to your kids OR you'll lose them due to blatant child neglect...

The truth hurts....

Aside from the truth, Facebook is a cesspool of pedobears waiting to catfish a little girl such as yourself... Your parents are simply trying to stay active and trying to prevent you from falling into the world of BS that lurks on FB...

If you don't like your mom lurking over your shoulder on Facebook, delete it and find a different medium that they find OK for you to be on...
02-21-2014, 12:19 PM

I agree with what people say. Facebook can be addicting and if someone is reading your messages, then simply delete them. Anyway you probably won't have much privacy if someone is around.