This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Facebook friend requests?
02-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Question about Facebook friend requests?
I put a friend request on someone I know on Facebook and they have neither confirmed nor denied it yet. However I went back to Facebook today and when I saw that little Javascript box with the info on non-friends, I couldn't see "Friend Requested" or "Add to Friends" there, I just saw "Send Message" and "View Friends". If she denied it, it would have reverted back to "Add to Friends" and if she blocked me, I wouldn't be able to see her if I searched for her. Anyway, it still says there's a request pending for her but I'm just wondering why that's missing.
Well, I still can't get into her profile so I don't think she accepted it yet. Plus I would have been notified via e-mail if she did.
You can't tell me what to do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 07:27 PM

err She's either accepted your request and you didn't notice, which has happened to me before.

OR She has a high-privacy setting, but usually the only thing that comes up is a blank picture, name and Add friend.

Hmmm

Ads

02-21-2014, 07:29 PM

She might be have not seen your request yet. If she "report this person" then all the connection to her will be gone.. You can not even find her by searching. So, she might not have done anything.

You must not add someone, who is not going to add you.
02-21-2014, 07:44 PM

She just hasn't accepted yet. Your friend request is most likely still sitting on her home page. Facebook has revamped their site so people you have friend requested won't have the "Friend Requested" in gray on their white info box. Instead, Facebook simply removes the "Add to Friends" link.

To really double check though, do you have any common friends with this girl? If so, go to your friends' friend page and look for her name. There should be a "Add friend" link to the far right of her name. If it's not there, it means that she disabled the link on her settings and you'll never know if she denied you or if she just hasn't accepted yet. On the other hand, if you see the link, click it. If she denied you, you can add her again. If she just hasn't accepted yet, you'll get a pop-up that says you already friend requested her.