This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding random facebook friends, should I?
02-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Adding random facebook friends, should I?
I used myspace to meet new people. Facebook for people I know. Twitter for celebrities. I no longer use myspace anymore and I barely use twitter unless some celebrity decides to post anything that would lead to tabloids. I only use facebook, I've been trying to meet new people in school and add them on facebook but its been pretty hard trying to get to know people well enogh to add you as their friend on facebook. Is it totally weird if I started adding random people on facebook just so I can get to know them. Sort of like an online friendship? Are there other social networking sites that I do not know of that would be best to add people that I totally dont know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 09:25 PM

thats kind of creepy. why don't you just talk to the people that sit around you in class?

Ads

02-21-2014, 09:38 PM

Facebook is best one.
Some other are:
Orkut
Hi5
02-21-2014, 09:46 PM

When I first got on Facebook, I was really careful who I friend-ed. I only added people I knew, and rejected the ones I didn't. That got really boring!! I got into playing Mafia Wars, and got friend request from a LOT of people I didn't know. I finally just removed ALL my personal information - IE - phone number, address, date of birth, city I live in, and I "hid" my email address. Most identity theft/crimes committed against you are committed by someone you know, so I figured one if my 'known" friends is probably more dangerous than a stranger anyway! I have met a lot of fun people who I have become friends with. The whole point, to me, is to socialize. Just take caution. Don't post when your not going to be at home, personal facts, or photos of your children - if you have any. Also you need to watch a lot of the apps and links people post. They can contain viruses or malware.
02-21-2014, 09:54 PM

If you want to have a lots of friends theirs nothing wrong with that.