This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i need help about page on facebook ?
02-21-2014, 09:29 PM
i need help about page on facebook ?
someone sent this to my page on facebook and i dont know if is true or not, i thought since he is paying through paypal its gonna be safe so any help ?
"Hello, Sir I'm a legit buyer of fan pages since 2009. I'm here to tell you that you can sell your facebook fan page to me. I can pay you Through Pay pal or western union. I'm ready to pay you $8000. If you wanna ask some questions then you can ask me here as much as you want to ask. Waiting for your positive reply. Thanks,"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2014, 09:38 PM

Scam!! No doubt you will have to send some money in advance for "legal" or "administrative" charges. Once you hand over the money you'll never hear from him again

Ads

02-21-2014, 09:41 PM

Anything involving sharing your financial information. SCAM!
02-21-2014, 09:50 PM

Just going by how that "letter" was written, I would know it's a scam. It's so poorly written that now legitimate buyer for anything would send that.

This is a total scam. No one is going to pay you $8000 for a "fan page". Don't fall for it. If you agree to it, there will be a fee that you have to pay in order for him to "transfer" the page to his name or something of that nature. Then you will be out of your money and he can move on to his next mark. I'm sure he sent thousands of these out.

Notify Facebook of this immediately so he can be stopped.
02-21-2014, 09:53 PM

That sounds like a scam, especially the part where he calls himself 'legit'. No one goes around saying "I'm totally legit you can trust me" unless there's something shady going on!

Quite likely if you follow up on this, he'll be keen to accept your details and make the payments to you and so on, but there will be 'difficulties' which will require you to pay him some money first. Then once you've paid that money, there will be more 'difficulties', or maybe he'll just disappear. At no point will he pay you anything. That's how scams work.

The best course of action is just to block him and/or report him.

Good luck Smile
02-21-2014, 10:03 PM

Nobody pays $8000 for a fan page
You'll get a fake notice saying money has been sent but will not be available to you until you give the buyer the login info. They steal your page and you never get paid
This scam has been around for years. My sister has a fan page for a singer who is not super famous but has very loyal fans and has these scammers contacting her at least twice a month