This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
husband wont tell woman he had an affair with to go away?
02-22-2014, 03:37 AM
husband wont tell woman he had an affair with to go away?
My husband had an affair & now we are trying to work things out. He wont get this woman off his facebook or phone. He has a daughter from a previous relationship & her & this woman get along great. Is it right for my husband to let this woman stay in his life & his daughters life as a friend? I cant handle it. He says he will stop talking to her but he wont make his daughter stop. Is this right???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 03:44 AM

It's NOT right at all! He's STILL seeing her!

Ads

02-22-2014, 04:00 AM

It&#x27;s obvious that this bothers you. If your husband loves you, he would do anything not to see you upset. The fact that he had an affair with another girl means that first of all, he doesn&#x27;t love you enough and was trying to look for better. I know it&#x27;s heartbreaking, but if he loved you, he wouldn&#x27;t be looking elsewhere for something better, because you should be the best to him.
If you&#x27;ve decided to forgive him and are now trying to work things out, that&#x27;s your business. I&#x27;m not saying anything about that. But the fact that he won&#x27;t let this girl go means he obviously still cares about her, and even after you&#x27;re trying to work it out with him he still doesn&#x27;t care. You could give him an ultimatum, and say that he either breaks it off completely with the girl, or he breaks it off completely with you.
Or you could suck it up and let him get his way. If he really loves you, he&#x27;ll make the right choice.
02-22-2014, 04:10 AM

Why are you staying with this man?
02-22-2014, 04:17 AM

in my opinion you need to do what makes you happy.

You've told him that having communication with this woman is bad for the relationship, you've told him that you will finish with him if he does continue.

Now from my experience some people would say that's controlling.

but at the end of the day your happiness is what counts...if he continues communication are you going to put up with it. people cant tell you what to do. but you need to weight up the consequence's when you finish with him will you be happy when hes gone?
The thing is if my partner had an affair and was still speaking with the culprit i would dump them, because i would be thinking it could happen again.

good luck i hope things work out for you!!
02-22-2014, 04:26 AM

Sounds like he is still involved with her...that is not right.
02-22-2014, 04:31 AM

This has nothing to do with his ex wife or his daughter, this has to ONLY do with you husband. You may be under the impression that you are working on things, but that would start with him cutting all ties with the woman, which includes deleting her Facebook, email and telephone number. The very fact he wont do that does not show HE is committed to 'working things out'. Realize any relationship his ex and daughter have with someone is not something you can control, nor he.
02-22-2014, 04:38 AM

Is his daughter an adult? If so, you don't have any control over her. You can however, dictate that your husband not have contact with her if he is interested in saving the marriage.
02-22-2014, 04:41 AM

If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be with him.
02-22-2014, 04:49 AM

IMHO, if this man had an affair then he needs to cut this woman off. That means Facebook or what have you. But you don't really have the right to tell his daughter who she can be friends with.