This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with a sick cockatiel?
02-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Help with a sick cockatiel?
Well, my cockatiel had flown out of the door this morning, and it took around two hours to find her. She was on the ground in a few yards down across the street, and keep in mind that it's freezing outside.
We brought her inside and had a heater going and everything, but I'm still worried. I don't know if she's been eating or drinking, and she's been hunched over the whole day, sleeping the whole time. Her feet are also cold. At the moment she's in her cage covered by towels.
I can't take her to a vet- We're leaving for a trip and don't have enough money for it. I'm just wondering if what we're doing is right and if she's going to be alright. If she is, how long will it take for her to get better? We're leaving for a week long trip on Saturday and I really don't want to leave her sick.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 12:11 PM

If you love that bird bring her to a vet . In the mean time heat up some water in zip lock bags wrap them in towlel and put perch close to them . feed her some fruit for energy food . Getting her wamr is the most important thing. Join this facebook group rite now Birds,Birds,Birds
and post there they have many bird rescue people there

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply