This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FACEBOOK WALL PRIVACY SETTINGS?
02-22-2014, 01:14 PM
FACEBOOK WALL PRIVACY SETTINGS?
heySmile i logged on from my dad's account (who isnt my friend on facebook), to check if people who arn't my friends can see my entire wall (posts, posts by friends, taged photos....etc) and they can!!
So how do i make it so ONLY MY FRIENDS can see my wall?

Please be very clear on where certain buttons are etc, thnx!!
(i know that this is possible because i've gone to others profiles, who arnt my freinds, and i can't see their wall, i want mine to be like this) Big Grin
THNX 2 EVRYONEBig Grin
I've got it the way i want nowSmile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 01:24 PM

The top right. Click on account and 3 bars down it says privacy settings. Click there. It will take you to a new page. Click on the very first option "Profile Settings". That will take you to a different page. I think it's pretty straight forward from then on!

Ads

02-22-2014, 01:29 PM

go to privacy setting then go wallposts...etc it will show u a page click on the photos or watever it will give u a small page click who can see this after ur done click on the bottom good luck
02-22-2014, 01:38 PM

upper right hand side click "account" then "privacy settings"
click "profile information"

on this page you will see categories. on the right of those tells you how to change each setting.

(i.e. if you want to change who can see your about me, where it says "About Me", to the right there will be a drop down box. click "friends only". you will need to do this for all your categories that you only want friends to see and nobody else.)
02-22-2014, 01:39 PM

Account
Privacy Settings
Personal Information (Set to friends only)
Contact Information (set to friends only and only me (only me may require you click on custom)).
02-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Go to account (in the top right corner) then on to Privacy Settings

You now have 5 options: the first one is Profile Information.

You now have a huge list of options..

At the bottom you have "Who can see my wall" - you can set this to friends only.
There are a host of other options... to set photographs to friends only. Have a look and choose all the options you want to enable or disable.
02-22-2014, 02:02 PM

Per Facebook:

How do I edit my Wall privacy settings?
You can control who is allowed to see specific elements of your profile from your Privacy Settings page, which can be accessed from the Account drop-down menu at the top of every Facebook page.

To remove a particular Wall story:
Hover your mouse over the right corner of the Wall story
Click the "Remove" button
To control the types of content that can be seen on your Wall:
Go to the Privacy Settings page from the Account drop down menu
Click on the "Profile Information" link.
Update the "Posts by Me" and "Posts by Friends" sections to your desired privacy level. For example, if you only want your friends to be able to see your Wall, simply adjust the settings for both of these options to "Only Friends."
To turn off Wall stories published by specific applications:
Go to the Application Settings page from the Account drop down menu.
Click the "Edit Settings" link next to the application you would like to edit.
Select the Additional Permissions tab in the box that appears and uncheck the box next to "Publish recent activity to my Wall."
Click the "Okay" button.