This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyway I can have a more positive future outlook?
02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Anyway I can have a more positive future outlook?
I have an on and off depression over the past 3 years over my predictment . I'm 29 with aspergers and add, received a low gpa (2.7) in a mass comm in 2010 (bad fit, but I was a movie and tv buff). I want to pursue something in media, animal, legal, research, or physical science. I like writing, but writing is a terrible job market right now. I want to go back for something more useful. I'm very introverted, so I can network, but it just takes a lot more effort. I need breaks from it. I thought about trade school, but they don't seem offer many of the types of programs I'm looking. I have thought about accounting, but I wasn't the best math student. Vet Tech doesn't have very good salary (29,000 to help put pets done occasionally). I really hated being there when put my pets down. My gpa below the minimum for grad schools, but I often suffered from depression over trouble making friends with some people, or relating to girls. I know I can do better, but would have to get around finances and the low gpa stigma.. I have a fast food job that I want to leave someday, but the only other jobs that seem to be around are not in the fields or lead to any areas that I'm looking for. I know you can work you way up jobs, but want to find ones that I can my way up to the ones I want.. I've taken a few online career tests, much of the results were not what I was looking for.
I take medication for the my condition, so that disqualifies the military option.
No I'm right-handed, and math was one of my least favorite classes.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 05:37 PM

become a health nut. sometimes depression is just slightly poor health. try new things out, I know that sounds cliché but youll be surprised to find what you never knew you liked. Im guessing you may be left handed (from your math and social skills), for the math I highly recommend reteaching yourself all math from 1 plus 1 to your highest level and you will find one area you were weak in. for social skills, read A LOT and try to initiate conversations with the opposite sex even if you have to go door to door pretending to sell chocolate bars, once the nervousness goes away then youre set. look up ways to make money on the side. I use to make 70 bucks a day mowing lawns for 10 a pop when I was 13, now I could make a couple hundred if I wanted to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply