This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever considered crowd funding (aka crowdfunding) to give or receive funds?
02-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Have you ever considered crowd funding (aka crowdfunding) to give or receive funds?
Have you ever participated in crowd funding ?

if so what motivated you to consider it,
did you actually go through with it
if so, to what extent

please elaborate

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 07:28 PM

I've known several people who've raised funds through crowdfunding. One was competing in an overseas martial art tournament, and needed to raise $5,000 for travel, hotel, registration fees, etc. He didn't raise the full amount, but he got several thousand dollars. (And I contributed some.)

As an editor and writer, I'm working on an article right now on how to fund a college education. A number of students have been pretty successful at raising thousands of dollars. (Others have only raised a few hundred, if that.) The secret there is to have a compelling story. You have to say more than: "I need money." You also need to promote your efforts, often through social media like Facebook and Twitter. You won't raise much if you just post on the crowdfunding site and leave it at that.

Hope that helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply