This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do rebate expiration dates work?
02-22-2014, 08:18 PM
How do rebate expiration dates work?
Hello, so I just ordered my first parts for my pc, and I am eligible for a $20 rebate on a $60 dollar item. However, if I activate the rebate then my parts lose the ability for a return, which is something I don't want to have happen in case the power supply arrives not working. Can anyone give me advice?
Edit: Forgot to mention that the rebate says it ends today; what I'm asking is if I have to purchase it today or do the rebate information today.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 08:31 PM

Good Evening Niles,
In general there are 2 date ranges with rebates. You have the purchase date range, this is the date range that the purchase must be made within to qualify for the rebate. Then you have the postmark date range, this is the range of dates that you have to mail the paperwork by to get the rebate. There should be additional terms and conditions (or a form) that will state when the rebate forms need to be postmarked by, normally between 15-45 days after the rebate purchase end date.

Here's an example of a rebate form I found for a power supply on newegg.com http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfo...14zp83.pdf

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If you post a link to the product I would happily give you exact dates for when you need to send in the rebate information.

Thank you,

Agent Jerry L.
Badge #48029
Deputy of Counter Intelligence
Geek Squad Social Media Team
02/04/14

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply