This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No facebook lookback video, just pictures?
02-23-2014, 02:51 PM
No facebook lookback video, just pictures?
So, I clicked on the link and I never saw a video. All I got was 6 pictures of myself (fairly recent ones) and a little thank you note. Why aren't I getting a video?
And yes, I do have enough data considering I've been on facebook since 2008 and I'm on facebook (almost) daily. My brother joined in 2009 and he got a video.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 02:59 PM

same problem here Sad

I saw the green button on IPhone and then I shared it but a page with 6 photos and a thank you appeared

Ads

02-23-2014, 03:04 PM

Same here 😭 what can i do???
02-23-2014, 03:10 PM

same here
02-23-2014, 03:12 PM

Yo vi el video Y despues elimine una foto y cuando volvi a entrar solo se ve imagenes q puedo hacer??
02-23-2014, 03:21 PM

Same thing happened to me... I was able to view the video earlier today on my phone, but there were a few pictures that were memes that showed up. So I deleted those and went back to the flashback and it came up with just the 6 pictures. I don't know if deleting some pictures had any reason behind it, or if it was just the fact that I went back later to re-view it.
02-23-2014, 03:26 PM

Facebook was generating the videos some time prior to them being posted for the 10th anniversary. If you deleted any photos that were included in the video then you will only get the 6 pictures since they can't go back and edit the video once it was already rendered.
It's unclear if they will be going back and generating the videos again for those currently without one.
02-23-2014, 03:27 PM

So judging from Jose's post and Nathanael's post, it seems like if you deleted a pic that was on the video, it deletes your video. Man.

I would think that the video was made into it's own file, meaning that it doesn't matter what you do, the video would stay the same...I guess that's not the case. It is some interactive, living video that changes if you delete something.

I really wanted to see mine too guys. Sad

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS JUST IN FROM FACEBOOK:

Why am I not seeing a movie?

If you aren’t seeing A Look Back movie when you visit facebook.com/lookback, it may be because you have not shared very many things on Facebook. Depending on how long you’ve been on Facebook and how much you’ve shared, you’ll see a movie, a collection of photos or a thank you card.

You're reading the Desktop Help answer. Learn more in our other Help Centers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird because I have been posting since 2006 and have like 140 photos. You think that would be enough.
02-23-2014, 03:33 PM

I only get the six photos are well, and I haven't deleted anything for quite a while... I'm not sure what's going on here. It's kinda upsetting, I wanted to at least take a look at it and see what the whole deal is all about.
02-23-2014, 03:39 PM

I was able to see my video a few times but didn't like one of the pics on it, so i deleted the pic from my Facebook. Once i deleted the pic i wasn't able to see the video any moreSad