This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to delete extra contacts on Samsung Galaxy S4 Messaging?
02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
How to delete extra contacts on Samsung Galaxy S4 Messaging?
I recently went through my Samsung Galaxy S4's contacts to get rid of any duplicates that came up because of my synced accounts. I cleaned it up and turned off syncing for my contacts from accounts like Google and Facebook, but whenever I click the contacts button in my messages to add a contact, new contacts show up on the list. It suddenly shows contacts that are just email addresses (that I recognize as people I have emailed from Google before), and some duplicate my contacts. However, when it duplicates, one of the contacts has the phone number I want to text, while the other is just an email address. The problem is that I can't tell which is which, and I don't want the emails in that contact list at all. I un-synced all my contacts from Google, so I don't know how these emails are showing up only in the messaging contacts. Please help me!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 03:02 PM

You have added or synced a phone to a Gmail account that you have used for emails.

What you should have done is DELETED these contacts which although you have KEPT the physical emails (Gmail searches Email addresses when you send another Email to auto complete) CLEARS the phone number field as it is a email address without a phone number, and your phone contacts are contacts without an email address.

Syncing you are adding the phone contacts to NO Gmail contacts [as now you have Gmail email phone contacts that just lack a phone number

Lots of words but good for reading practise ( "B" answer!)

Fear not you have a Samsung Galaxy S for a reason
Smart as in high IQ

1) Contacts (options) contacts to display select your preference...... Then
2) Contacts (options) settings "Only display contacts that have phone number" /6

Only going through them manually will you do the same

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply