This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do they no longer stamp passports?
02-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Do they no longer stamp passports?
So with in the last 3 years ive been to Canada and the Bahamas both by a ferry thing from the usa and i never got a passport stamp while going through customs does any one know why

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 03:14 PM

The officer does not have to stamp your passport. Information is recorded on the computer when they scan your passport. US Customs has access to this information when you return. In turn Canada has access to the Information US Customs has on you. The FBI CSIS RCMP FBI and the rest of the Alphabet also share their secrets about you with Border Guards.

If you really want it stamped just ask. If you travel a lot your passport gets full and you have to buy a new one.

Warning some countries do not like visitors that have been to certain countries and they look for the stamp.
Before he could show his passport.
His license plate alerted Border Officers before the Border Officer even talked to him.
http://mynorthwest.com/11/694348/Canadia...-at-border

Edmonton Police almost 700 mile away had issued the alert.US and Canada Police were on the look out.
Road Trains and Ferry are watched.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/amtrak/st...1107461127

Ads

02-23-2014, 03:18 PM

As an American there is really no need for us to stamp your passport since a visa, even a short term visitors visa, is not required.

I went to NYC last year to head out on a cruise and I got my passport stamped when I left the Canadian airport (where there were US INS agents present) but it was never stamped when i got back to the US from the Bahamas.