This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get the right Facebook cookies to get into my PC if I accidentally deleted them?
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
How do I get the right Facebook cookies to get into my PC if I accidentally deleted them?
I ran a PC cleanup and I somehow deleted all my "cookies " for web pages. Facebook won't load at all. It has no graphics. Someone told me to log out then log in with my password, I even changed the password and it did not work. I tried to email their help, but I am not sure it went through.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 06:26 PM

cookies are automatically created when you log into your account... you dont put them back manually

if you are having problems with pictures loading, try clearing your cache instead, and then reboot your computer

Ads

10-15-2012, 06:26 PM

It sounds as if the clean-up tool was also a performance optimizer, as in it doesn't just free up space by deleting old files, cookies etc, but can also change some settings to improve the performence of your computer.

Webpages load much quicker without active content (animations etc), or pictures.

The PC Clean-up tools may have turned these options off in your browser settings, to make webpages load faster.

I mainly use IE 9 so all i can tell you is how to adjust those settings in that browser, however, a quick google search should find instructions for other browsers.

In IE 9, click Tools, then Internet Options.
In the small window that opens up, you will see tabs along the top that say General, Security, Privacy etc.

Click on the one on the far right that says Advanced.

A list of check buttons will appear, separated by different headings, like Accessibility, Browsing etc.

Scroll down until you get to Multimedia.

Make sure the following boxes are checked:

Enable alternative codecs in HTML5 media elements

Enable atuomatic image resizing

Play animations in webpages

Play sounds in webpages

Show pictures.

Click apply.

Some changes only take affect after you restart internet explorer, so close the internet options window and all IE windows.

Open up a new window, go to the page you were trying to view and see if it has worked.

Also, if the boxes i mentioned are already checked, uncheck them, click apply, restart internet explorer, go back into internet options, recheck them, restart IE and see if it has made any difference.

You could also try deleting your cookies/cache and re-booting your computer, reset Internet explorer settings to default, or, if all else fails, using system restore to reset your computer to before you installed and used the PC-Cleaner program.

Most of these things can be done from the internet options window, apart from system restore.

As i said, instructions for doing similar things on other browsers should be easy to find with a quick google search, as should instructions for trying some of my other suggestions.

Hope some of this helps you.