This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cervical screening test Results?
02-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Cervical screening test Results?
I received a letter today following a Smear test I had done a few weeks ago. The results were that I have "low grade dyskaryosis" but with no evidence of HPV infection.. Then to be told I won't be due in for my next smear till 27/01/2017!!!!! Wtf surely they would want to keep a eye on it just in case?? Now I'm worried sick & do suffer from anxiety and depression so this will not help Sad has anyone ever had the same result??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 03:34 PM

90 per cent of dyskaryotic cells revert to normal, although 10 per cent can progress to become more abnormal and a small percentage of these can progress over the course of years to become malignant.

Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/womenshea...z2sYojqefF
Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook

Ads

02-23-2014, 03:40 PM

My daughter recently got the result that there was abnormal cells there and I like you were worried sick but when she spoke to the doctor they said it is nothing to worry about and normally goes back to normal and seemingly if the smear test is done just after a period it will always give this result, my daughter has to be rechecked again in 6 months - I found this on the website-
What does my result mean? An abnormal result usually means that small changes have been found in the cells on the cervix
(the neck of the womb). The name given to these changes is
dyskaryosis
In many cases these changes return to normal by themselves. But sometimes the changes become worse and could lead to cancer in the future. In such cases it is necessary to have a further examination which will show if treatment is
needed. Treatment is simple and virtually 100 per cent effective
02-23-2014, 03:49 PM

You just got good news.