This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What am I doing wrong on etsy?!?
02-23-2014, 03:43 PM
What am I doing wrong on etsy?!?
I have sold one item on my etsy site and it was the day after opening, which is great! But since then I haven't had any sells. I have a facebook and a twitter that im using to promote it and I get comments and messages all the time saying how cute my stuff is and what not. If its so pretty and cute why am I not selling?! Can anyone give me advice?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RainbowFluff?ref=pr_shop_more

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 03:46 PM

You make bows, and while cute and all there just may not be a big demand for them.

I did look around a VERY little and you seem to be a little higher priced than some of your direct competition.

Ads

02-23-2014, 03:56 PM

I looked at your shop and your bows are adorable. You're not doing anything wrong, you just might not be promoting quite enough and in enough places. There is a lot of competition on Etsy and in order for you to get your items in front of potential buyers, you have to do a lot of promotion.

Here are some tips for you:

Schedule your promotional Tweets to go out throughout the day. A great Twitter scheduling platform is Twaitter.com.

You have to list, relist and renew to stay at the top of the searches on Etsy. If you don't list for days, you'll be "lost" in the crowd. Try to add a new item a couple of times a week and renew an item or 2 a few times a week.

Grow your circle. When people add you to their Circle, your shop is visible to everyone in their circle. This will give you more exposure.

Create an Etsy treasury and promote it on Twitter and Facebook. Another good way to get exposure for your shop.

Join an Etsy team or two. They have great forums you can get involved in and teams are always promoting each other, so it's another source of marketing and exposure for your shop.

Don't give up. Your items are lovely! Success takes time.