This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many Twitter followers can I expect?
02-23-2014, 09:30 PM
How many Twitter followers can I expect?
Hi,

I am new to Twitter and I am planning to create an account for my charity. What kind of realistic expectations can I have in terms of followers within the next few years? If I tweet once a day, can I expect a few thousands followers after a couple of years?

Twitter experts, please help me!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 09:44 PM

It really does depend on so many things. Are you planning on advertising your Twitter account? Are people already aware of your Charity? Will you be trying the "Follow for Follow" technique?

Also I should mention that quantity does not mean quality.

Ads

02-23-2014, 09:49 PM

what charity is it for? how will you promote your charity?
02-23-2014, 10:01 PM

People will follow if they are interested in what you tweet. Tweeting lots won't automatically get you followers however people do like it when you update. You probably won't gain a lot of followers unless you are a well known charity. It could help though if you followed lots of people because most people will follow you back. You could promote your account by advertising it on other social networks or doing competitions etc. You could also ask people to give you shout outs however some people find this annoying..
02-23-2014, 10:09 PM

It depends if you get your business out there so people know about it and tell people that you have twitter and they will follow you. If you tweet a lot then you can expect about 100+ followers within the next year.
02-23-2014, 10:16 PM

One tweet a day won't do much to be honest, twitter users are fickle as anything. I've had twitter for a few years now and go between numbers because people constantly follow and unfollow you at the slightest word.
You need to promote yourself, make your page interesting and well-designed, use proper grammar and be interesting.