This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CREATING A MARKETING PLAN?
02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
CREATING A MARKETING PLAN?
Instructions
Select a product, service OR an event that you would like to market. Your objective is to create
a marketing plan (see below) that best demonstrates your ability to think strategically. Products must be legal for sale in Canada and in good taste. Cigarette or alcohol products are inappropriate.
Your marketing plan must include
1. U.S.P. (unique selling proposition)
2. Detailed description of your product, service or event
3. Description of your consumer/target market
4. Analysis of your competitive environment
5. Marketing Research: Issues requiring research; type(s) of research required.
6. Product: product liability, safety and social responsibility considerations; branding and image;
packaging design, promotion, protection, etc.
7. Place: Type of channel(s) used; customer service level required; major characteristics of channel members
8. Promotion: Desired positioning; if you’ll be doing a radio or TV commercial, make sure you prepare a script or storyboard using an effective strategy, appropriate to your target market and product. If you’re preparing a Print ad, ensure you have incorporated the main parts of an ad
9. Price: Nature of demand; pricing strategies; etc.
10. Future Plans: Future plans for longer term product and/or company growth (i.e. line extensions,
related new product concepts, advertising and promotional plans, etc.) Expected changes over the product life cycle.
Sections 6-9 must include:
The suggested approach for this part is to ensure Objectives, Strategies and Tactics are discussed
for each element of the marketing mix.
OBJECTIVE:
Objectives are simply the goals. The objective provided here would be one of the promotional (advertising) objectives for the new brand.
Example: Create awareness of the brand and achieve a 5% market share within the specified market segment.
STRATEGY:
Strategies are broad plans of action which companies develop to help them attain their objectives.
Example: Use non-traditional advertising
TACTICS:
Tactics are more detailed courses of action than strategies.
Example: Focusing on the Internet as a medium and using celebrities from extreme sports in ads with a humorous twist would satisfy the criteria of non-traditional advertising.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE Smile ps. I give out best answers! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 12:13 AM

U.S.P. (Unique Selling Proposition) is the best way of marketing

Ads

02-24-2014, 12:19 AM

This looks suspiciously like homework to me hehe. There's no way you're going to get a full answer here but you miht want to think about what you can sell through online marketing. An estimated 25% to 60% of all promotional spend is devoted to online media and there's lots of examples e.g. Social Media, Web 2.0.
As an idea why don't you base your case study on selling bespoke terms and conditions of trade to business owners (see the website below). E-mail me your answer and I'll star your question! You might teach me something new! Deal?
Best Regards