This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are friends automatically recovered after re-creating a Facebook account?
02-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Are friends automatically recovered after re-creating a Facebook account?
So, say you got mad with facebook, and so you delete your account. Then, later, you realize that it wasn't so bad, so you re-made your account (Same name/email address). Will facebook recognize the log-on information and reassemble the old friends list that you had?

I say this because an old friend of mine sent me a text a week ago saying "to all friends, I am deleting my facebook account," and just yesterday I mentioned it to her brother while we were hanging out and he was confused to the very idea that she deleted it. Sure enough, he logged on to his account, and there she was. So I brought it up to her, like "what the hell did you have to lie to me for. If you don'e like me than tell me" and she countered by telling me that "Well I did delete it and I decided to make a new one soon thereafter." Her brother says that he never re-added her, therefor supporting my argument that she never deleted it in the first place, and lied to me.

Thanks to all who answer in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 12:32 AM

Ok when you delete a Facebook account it doesn't actually delete it. From what I know when a account is deleted it actually just stays there, but disappears. So the person won't be on anybody's friends list and the profile won't show up in a search. But the profile can be reactivated because it was never actually deleted and I'm pretty positive that once it reactivated it's friends list is restored. So yeah your friend could have deleted her account, then logged back in and reactivated it and the friends list went back to before

Ads

02-24-2014, 12:42 AM

I think when some one wants to delete you just take the hint and move away.She is lying r she may add you sometime...her fancy may not be your like.
02-24-2014, 12:50 AM

Chris is right! I've had several friends who at one point thought they wanted to delete their Facebook account and then decided they actually wanted it back. When they reactivate their accounts everything goes back to normal like they never left. Your kinda getting upset of nothing here, beside whats a facebook friends compared to a real life friend!