This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marketing competitions/opportunities?
02-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Marketing competitions/opportunities?
i am 17 years of age and currently studying year 11 and I obviously don't have any qualifications just yet....

Anyway i aspire to have a career within the marketing industry and i performed some research and discovered that just a degree or qualification from Uni wont cut it, agencies are looking for EXPERIENCE.

I figured going in some competition or taking advantage of other opportunities might better my knowledge and even give me more of an edge that will help me later on.

Does anyone know of any marketing agencies/competitions or any opportunities out there? Ive tried researching, but they are all for Uni students.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 08:26 AM

okay. you can do your own research for just about anything. what I'm suggesting is to choose a particular product (ex: a soap brand, a brand of sunscreen lotion, a school, a website, a college, a shopping mall......)

do your individual research. if you have money, you can employ others on freelance basis to research in other areas too.

for research, you have to know the particular market, knowledge of the product and knowledge of what the customers are expecting from that product and the company. make a list of the factors that affect the sales of that product.

now, you can use several methods to do the research. asking people on the road, going to their houses, asking people on facebook...

standardize and compile all this research data. then, create a research report and point out where the product is lacking in terms of service, transparency, customer satisfaction, packaging....

after that, create a strategy on how that company can implement new marketing ideas to solve the problems.

if you want, you can also email or give that company in person your research report and marketing strategy. a free market research report would be only welcomed by any company.

if they are happy with it, ask them to write you a small recommendation note.

keep safe your research to show it to your future employers. you an conduct multiple researches for about anything depending on the time and resources you can manage.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply