This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does he like me or is he just too polite tell me to back off? (I'll answer yours)?
02-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Does he like me or is he just too polite tell me to back off? (I'll answer yours)?
Thanks for clicking! Leave me a link and I’ll answer yours as best I can.

I’ve had a crush on this guy for more than two years now, and I can’t figure out if he likes me or not. Shortly after I met him, I was pretty sure he liked me; he’d sit near me in class half the time (and as far from me as possible the rest) and walk near me in the hallway, and he’d stare at me and try to start up conversations, but I was really shy. There was one instance where we were having a group seminar and he told me “You sit here, and I’ll sit here” and indicated to the seat next to where he told me to be.
His friends were always super nice to me (which could also be just because they're nice people, of course), and there was one day that I waved at him in the hall, and as soon as I was out of immediate earshot one of them said something to him and they all started laughing. I don't think they were making fun of me, because I get along with almost everybody even if I am shy and they're usually really nice, but I was wondering if they were teasing him because they knew something. It’s also entirely possible that they were teasing him because I kind of know all of them and just waved at him.

Over the summer after the school year ended (1 year after I met him and a year and a half ago), I told myself that since I liked him, I needed to make a move. But when the school year started again, he didn’t seem nearly as interested in me. I assumed he’d just moved on, but then I realized that he still stared at me in class, he was just a lot more subtle about it and was careful to do it only when he thought I wasn’t looking.

I figured he must have figured out I liked him, because I stare at him all the time and smile when he walks by and I try to talk to him when I make no efforts with other people, but we live in the same neighborhood, and I was out walking my dog one day and I ran into him jogging. He runs by my house every day when the weather is nice ( he hasn’t done it in a while, but it’s also single digits outside- way too cold). It’s not really that strange, because the neighborhood is a circle and I live on the main section, but he goes by at the same time he knows I’m going to be out. I figured that if he didn’t like me, he wouldn’t do it when he knew I was going to be out.

And there were other subtle little things; at the beginning of the year we did the “2 truths and a lie” getting to know you game, and I said “I have no nose according to the dictionary, I’m Cuban, and I hate spiders.” And he said “I broke my nose, I’m German, and I’ve never been out of the country.” This is kind of a reach, but I noticed that his answer was very similar to mine when most people talked about sports and places they’d lived.

But the one time when we got put in a group together, he talked over me and completely ignored me the whole time, and on the days he doesn’t stare at me he completely ignores me. He also acts really weird when I talk to him; he’s usually a big people person and gets along with everybody, but he looks really anxious whenever I try to talk to him, and he gets really still when I walk up behind him: I can’t figure out if it’s because he knows I like him and it makes him uncomfortable or because he’s nervous around me. But I figured that if he was uncomfortable around me, he’d try to avoid me and he wouldn’t jog by my house and risk running into me when he knows I’m going to be out. He could wait twenty minutes and definitely avoid me, but he doesn’t, so I figured he either didn’t mind running into me or wanted to.

He still looks at me in class most of the time, though he’s more subtle about it now (he turns his head so it looks like he’s not looking at me but then he glances out of the corner of his eyes). I used to think that he was checking to see if I was staring at him, but if he was why would he be sneaky about it?

Do you think he did/ does still like me? And if he does, what should I do now? I really like him, but I don’t know how to befriend him after knowing him for so long and being shy. Is there a way for me to test it with more certainty?

Thanks again for reading! Leave me links and I’ll answer yours as best I can!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 07:54 PM

Yea I think he does

Ads

02-24-2014, 08:09 PM

hey you answered my shy crush question and linked your one Smile

anyway i think he does like you , either that or its waaaaaaay alot of coincidences. try and get him away from his friends and ask him out Big Grin or better yet first start talking to him more either in person or on facebook.
02-24-2014, 08:24 PM

I think he likes you and it could be his personality. i know many people who act similar to this