This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm new to Twitter, can you help me out?
02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm new to Twitter, can you help me out?
Okay, so I'm having a little bit of trouble with Twitter.

Here are my questions:

1. What does the term 'Following' Mean?
2. What does the term 'Follower' mean?
3. How can I upload pictures?
4. How can I see other people's pictures?
5. What all can I do on Twitter?
6. On magazines & TV, there are celebrities that 'Tweet' stuff, and they have like long paragraphs, how can this be possible if there is a limit to so many characters?
7. What does 'Retweet' mean?
8. If I reply to a celebrities 'Tweet', will they read it?

I HIGHLY APPRECIATE THOSE WHO ANSWER MY QUESTION, I WOULD PREVER IF YOU ANSWERED *ALL* THE QUESTIONS (1-8) !

BEST ANSWER WILL BE REWARDED TO THE ONE WHO ANSWERS MY QUESTION THE *BEST*.

I'LL GIVE EVERYONE WHO ANSWERS ALL MY QUESTIONS (1-8), A THUMBS UP!

THANKS! :]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 08:22 PM

Hey!
I don't use Twitter but I know a bit about it.

1. Following means that you are following some one's tweets.
2. Follower means someone is following your tweets.
3.www.teknobites.com/.../upload-photos-to-twitter-with-twitpic (this should help you out Smile)
4.Not Quite sure how to help you there. but you could try the Twitter Support Page.
To the unconverted, Twitter is just a way to deliver mundane details of your life to many friends at once. The free service(
Twitter.com) is a social-networking site in which you post updates, or “tweets,” to a page where friends who “follow” you can view them. But since it lets users post and receive tweets via text messages, it’s actually a powerful platform for getting things done on the go.

To receive breaking news updates from cnn.com, for example, just follow Twitter user “cnnbrk.” Or send a message (“move car 30”) to user “timer,” and it will text back a reminder in the time you specify. Other functions are available through third-party sites: Enter your favorite RSS feeds on
TwitterFeed.com, and you’ll get a text whenever the feed is updated. Send the mileage, price and gallons to
fuelfrog.com each time you fill up your tank, and it will chart your fuel-efficiency trends. With i-Link home-automation software, it’s even possible to use tweets to turn on lights or open the curtains remotely (get details at
hacknmod.com).
6. Really? Hmm, maybe because their celebs *rolls eyes*
RT is short for retweet, and indicates a re-posting of someone else's tweet. This isn't an official Twitter command or feature, but people add RT somewhere in a tweet to indicate that part of their tweet includes something they're re-posting from another person's tweet, sometimes with a comment of their own.Check out this great article on re-tweeting, written by a fellow Twitter user, @ruhanirabin.
8. They might, but it's unlikely.

Hope I helped. Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply