This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible humanity can be the center of social media in the future?
02-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Is it possible humanity can be the center of social media in the future?
Is it possible that we as humanity (if and when we do meet 'aliens') will become the star base of social media and news, seeing how our technology in this is exceeding everyday and as a species we all love it? Is it possible that in the future we could be broadcasting shows all across the cosmos, news channels, pop culture , singing , fashion ect?

Answer fully please! I need it for one of my classes!

Thanks Smile (Oh and I know about the delays but im thinking about the future if/when we have signals that can travel super fast and far)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 09:30 PM

But who is to say that we are better than any other civilization that may exist out there. I think it is wrong to automatically assume that we are more sophisticated than extraterrestrials because we have no evidence of that by virtue of having no contact with them. In my opinion your premise is a bit flawed based on the shaky assumption.

In my opinion about whether we will be the stars, I think we will be INfamous because we have done so much to hurt our planet and one another that we will be the joke of other worlds if they exist. The wars that we initiate against our own kind, the immorality, the violence, the disagreements and just plain human error! I think we might actually be inferior because for millions of years we have not yet learnt how to live together.

That is simply my opinion

Ads

02-24-2014, 09:35 PM

Such a fun question, Rio. Well, speaking strictly scientifically, there's no way to predict anything that might come to pass if and when we encounter life from other planets. Having said that, I'm guessing the purpose of your question deals more with imagination than strictly science. I can imagine our planet being the hub of communications and entertainment broadcasting. Maybe, while other planets excel in mining raw materials or building space crafts, we'll be more advanced in producing entertainment, news, and the broadcasting of media. I can see where a planetary community might look like our present world, with each planet, like each of our countries, being known for specific attributes.

BTW - for those who think this world is going to hell in a hand basket, I recommend the book THE RATIONAL OPTIMIST by Matt Ridley.