This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If its okay to not fire Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) because his target audience agrees with him, then?
02-24-2014, 09:39 PM
If its okay to not fire Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) because his target audience agrees with him, then?
why should misandry in the media be censored if its okay with its main audience.......women?

For example, Susan Osbourne joked about a man whose wife castrated him because he wanted a divorce.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 09:48 PM

I dont get what was so offensive to be honest .. I think they are just making fun of him because he is white and has a beard.

Ads

02-24-2014, 09:50 PM

Because America has a love affair with those who use the Bible to preach intolerance.

They are not so comfortable with hate speech which isn't backed up by a really old, inconsistent, poorly written and badly translated book.
02-24-2014, 09:52 PM

I keep wondering why people contiue to associate the guy being canned to cencorship and freeddom of speech. The first amendment applies to government censorship of the media. That did not occur. What Pil Robertson said was printed exactly as he said and not one government agency has had a thing to do with his ousting from that show. Being free to say what you want does not exempt someone for having to face the social ramifications of doing so. The people that he worked for did not like what he said. They have that right as any business does. Does anyone ever think that the honchoes at that network may themselves be gay or LGBT sympathizers? Or that that they employ a number of blacks that lived through the jim Crow era?
02-24-2014, 09:58 PM

The problem with Phil Robertson's situation is that his followers are openly cheering for "freedom of speech", while privately cheering for his anti-gay message. They're two different things. I have a right to say what I want about whom I want. As long as I'm not threatening anyone or screaming it in the streets at 3am. BUT in my job, if I spout racial, sexist or gay slurs-- even if my religion says it's fact-- I will be fired. I live in a predominantly white area, and guess what-- it's still not okay for me to use racial slurs in my workplace.

Misandry is wrong. We as a society need to make it FEEL wrong-- just as it does when it's aimed at women. Women have to speak out against it-- that's when society will start taking it seriously-- and when society takes women more seriously as wanting equity-- not superiority.

**Grace steps off her soap box, picks up her Crayons and heads home.
02-24-2014, 10:01 PM

I don't get it.
02-24-2014, 10:02 PM

People can't stand for others to speak their mind honestly. We have become a nation of jumpers...we like to jump on the next best thing and ride it until someone else trips.
02-24-2014, 10:11 PM

In America, we have freedom of speech. Good people know it is bad to go to such bad extremes, but watch the show to experience the absurbness of it all.
02-24-2014, 10:15 PM

Sharon Osbourne. Not Susan.
And yes, I did think, and still do, that she should have been fired.